Open Source ECU Tools
 FAQ •  Register •  Login 

RomRaider

Documentation

Community

Developers

It is currently Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Lack of work being done
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am 
Administrator

I just wanted to take a moment to apologize to everyone who has been waiting for a new release over the last couple months. We have a whole lot of major new features to add and I've kind of dropped the ball in getting them implemented.

Over the last year or so I've had a lot of marathon coding weekends, weeks where I spent almost all of my free time, and several where I used up more than all of my free time. I think it's finally caught up with me. I've been very busy at work, anyway, and now I'm finding myself wanting to spend more time doing things like working on my car. I actually have a couple side projects I've been trying to get up and running. Things I haven't really done in the last year. I've been spending maybe 1/4 of the time I used to actually working on RomRaider.

I need to get this overhaul for 0.5.0 completed. That's the top priority for RomRaider. It's going to be a lot of work, and I'm no where near where I hoped to be (optimistically, I thought I might already be done by now). After that, it should be much easier to distribute the work load among our active developers and get things done more quickly. In fact, if I had time to sit down with someone, I could probably hand off what I've been doing now to someone else, and work on smaller portions that my free time allows.

I guess I'm kind of running on here, but I really just want to apologize to the users. In case there's been any doubts, I have no intentions to quit working on RomRaider. I just can't work on it as much as I used to. I can work on it more than I have for the last couple months, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:45 am 

Personally I am just thankful for all the hard work and time you guys put into this project. I think both the forum and software offer a huge service to the community and I am just psyched about all the new features the next release is going to have whenever it makes it out to us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:19 am 
RomRaider Developer

Meh ;)

Lets just define smaller feature sets for each release, that should help things out a bit :)

We are getting to the point where the only thing really needed is support for flashing, and thats coming along nicely also.

I work when I can, when I want to. Problem is all of us at one point are not going to be available, or be around for that matter. I think code reviews and code cleanup releases *might* be a good idea. Not that I cant read the code (no messy coders that I can find here), but it might make it easier for new devs to carry the torch in the future.

When what I need is finished, I'm taking a break :) Consider my time spent on this project my payment for its use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:34 am 
Administrator

That's what the overhaul started out as.. code cleanup. Lots of it. And while I'm at it, I might as well change everything to the way people want it. But it ain't goin' so fast. The idea is to reduce the amount of work required for future releases.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:53 am 
Experienced

The development team has done an amazing job with RomRaider. Features that go above and beyond anything you can buy, along with all the support available is incredible.

I don't think anyone on this board could fault any of the team for the speed of releases/feature implementation, since we all know that everyone one of you do this on your own precious free time.

Personally I would like to thank the developers for all the hard work. My hat is off to you, gents!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:02 pm 
RomRaider Donator

Don't sweat it, Jared. If it wasn't for you, we'd all be paying out the butt for Cobb or Ecutek stuff or for certain russian software. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:01 pm 

not to take this OT

but i am going to donate part of my profits from selling my AP to the cause.

also, i will see if i can find some code monkeys to help the cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:20 am 

No need to apologize, you and the development team have done fantastic work, regardless of the rate, and it's appreciated by all. Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:41 am 

Cabal wrote:
No need to apologize, you and the development team have done fantastic work, regardless of the rate, and it's appreciated by all. Thanks again.

+1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:01 pm 

+2 !!!!! Your doing a great job, and it is very much appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:08 pm 
RomRaider Developer

DonArm wrote:
+2 !!!!! Your doing a great job, and it is very much appreciated.

Funny how you say that but then go bump a thread asking for updates. Just givin' ya a hard time! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:35 pm 
Experienced

All of your hard work is much appreciated!!! I had been waiting for this software since 2003.

Post subject: I second that!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:53 am 

merchgod wrote:
Don't sweat it, Jared. If it wasn't for you, we'd all be paying out the butt for Cobb or Ecutek stuff or for certain russian software. :D

I agree with merchgod. Any time you need to vent and get some of the stress off your chest, go right ahead. I stumbled upon open ecu tools and then on RomRaider from doing some research. You guys and this program have sort of started me in a new direction. I just took the EFI course this weekend and I think my car crazyness is going to a new dimension!

I've been in car security/video/sound for close to 10 years now. Now I'm looking at expanding on my abilities.

I promote this program like you wouldn't believe!

T.Paul

Newly EFI 101 certified. Natural born car nut

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:32 am 
Experienced

Cabal wrote:

+1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:31 am 

just out of curiosity are we going to be able to do real time tuning with RomRaider???

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next