Community

Developers

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RomRaider 0.5.4b RC1
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:24 pm 
RomRaider Developer

Donations are welcome!

New release with quite a few updates to the Logger (Please read the change list carefully!)

------------------
- Change Log -
------------------

0.5.4b RC1 (build #370) (10/28/2011)
-----------------------

--- Logger ---
  • Minimum Java version 1.6 (x86) required (x64 will not work)
  • TXS Tuner Wideband plugin added courtesy of, nitros
  • Added support for ECU/TCU Switch filtering (REQUIRES logger.xml version 45 or greater)
  • Added (msec) designation to logged CSV column heading
  • Added support for sorting the Selected? & Description parameter list entries
  • Added support for convertors on External data items (F/C, lambda/AFR, etc.)
  • Added instance 0 of all defined PLX Sensors according to their documentation
  • Added support for additional Innovate MTS LM-2 sensors. Sensors are now loaded dynamically when the Logger starts (LM-2 MUST be plugged in before starting up the Logger). Sensor units are set via LogWorks. Wideband errors are reported as the negative value of the error number. For example, if an LC-1 is in need of calibration -3 will be reported to the Logger. See MTSSensorInputFunction.java for more state values.
  • Updated library COM4J to version: com4j-20110322. This affects Innovate MTS and Tactrix Openport 2.0 support.
  • Added a button to Un-select ALL selected parameters on all tabs. Selections can be restored by reloading the current profile or loading a different profile.
  • Moved the Fast Poll checkbox to a selection item in the Settings menu (selected by default). The polling state is reported in the queries/sec status display.
  • Added a Debugging Level selection option to the Help menu. The setting is saved and restored between sessions. INFO should be the normal state to keep the rr_system.log file in-check.
  • Moved the COM port Auto Refresh checkbox to the Settings menu.
  • Added a Logger startup Progress Bar as loading plugins sometimes takes time.
  • Added colour to "Log to File" button. Red when recording and green when not.
    • Button colours may not appear correctly as this is platform dependent. Colours may show as a border rather than a fill.
    Also changed the colours used for the connection state:
    • Red Square = recording to file (used to be green)
    • Green = connected and ready to record (used to blue)
    • Blue = connection to ECU in progress (used to be red)
    • Red with X = disconnected (used to be red)
  • Added colour to "Un-select ALL" button. Yellow so it stands out.
    • Button colours may not appear correctly as this is platform dependent. Colour may show as a border rather than a fill.
  • Moved settings.xml & profile_backup.xml to the /.RomRaider/ directory under the users home directory.
  • Added support to reset the TCU. The reset target is selected via the action bar Checkbox items ECU or TCU just like logging.
--- Editor ---
  • Set JInternalFrame.isPalette in TableFarme.java so table titles are visible on Mac OS.
  • Added a Checksum recalculation option when saving ROM images that have a bad Checksum
    (re: Diesel ROMs seem to have an invalid fifth Checksum)

A note about plugins: The new Innovate MTS (LM-2) plugin checks each COM port on the computer to determine if any Innovate devices are connected. This action can slow the Logger's startup. If you do not need the support of the Innovate MTS (LM-2), I suggest moving that plugin item out of the RomRaider\plugins directory to stop it from loading. Actually this can be done for any External plugin that you don't use in your setup.

A Note on reverting to a previous version: as the settings.xml & profile_backup.xml are moved to the user’s/.RomRaider/ directory, reverting back to an earlier version means that you will need to move these files back to the RomRiader installation directory to maintain your previous settings. Otherwise you will need to redefine your defs location and file output options.

Please download it and give it a workout!

Downloads: Windows Installer | Windows ZIP | Linux Installer | Linux ZIP

RomRaider Troubleshooting FAQ for Windows Vista/Windows 7

Post subject: Re: RomRaider 0.5.4b RC1
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:49 pm 
Experienced

Just downloaded it I'm tuning a car tomorrow night and will give it a run.

Thanks as usual!

Josh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:13 pm 
Experienced

I havent tested this revision yet, but have we fixed the issue with the dumping of a log when the ignition is turned off and the logger is still connected? That makes me want to punch a puppy sometimes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:23 pm 
RomRaider Developer

I'm not sure what problem you are trying to describe. The Logger will record data to file as long as it has a connection to the ECU and the "Log to File" button is pressed in (or press F1 key). If you turn off the ignition the connection will break and the Logger will switch to initialization mode and try to reconnect. Any data being recorded to file will be in the file until the "Log to file" button is not pressed in (pressing F1 key again) or you close the Logger.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:57 pm 

One feature I would request:
Is that the gauges that now always get rearranged in “alphabetical” order when you restart the logging window would not do that. It would be nice if they retained the order that they were in, when originally selected (as in the order that they were selected with the check box.). allow us to save the window layout....
It’s easier to view/monitor if you keep certain gauges beside each other.

Or am I missing something somewhere to do that. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:32 pm 
RomRaider Developer

All parameters on all tabs reload in alpha order.
I think this request has been made before, but thanks for the reminder.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:51 am 

i think it would be a good feature, thats all....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:08 am 
Experienced

dschultz wrote:
I'm not sure what problem you are trying to describe. The Logger will record data to file as long as it has a connection to the ECU and the "Log to File" button is pressed in (or press F1 key). If you turn off the ignition the connection will break and the Logger will switch to initialization mode and try to reconnect. Any data being recorded to file will be in the file until the "Log to file" button is not pressed in (pressing F1 key again) or you close the Logger.

If I am still connected and I turn the ignition off, it immediately starts logging for about 5 seconds, dumping a log every time that looks like this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... UdqOVFhOFE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:06 pm 
RomRaider Developer

Hmm... never seen or heard of any other reports of it doing that.
When my ignition goes off the data stops flowing so there is nothing to log/write. I test on a 32bit ECU, what are you using?
I'm not even sure where the data would come from if the ECU was off. How many logs does it create, one or one every 5 seconds?

Does it still do it with this latest 0.5.4 release? If so then set the debugging to Trace in the Logger Help menu, shut the ignition off and wait a bit then send me the rr_system.log (found in the log directory opened from the help menu Debug item).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:38 pm 
Experienced

I have had this happen to me as well. But if you turn off the "control logging with defrost button" it stops doing it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:08 pm 
RomRaider Developer

That's odd. The ECU must still be awake and responding to queries for this to happen. Is there anyway to tell if the ECU is going to sleep?
Has this problem always existed or was it introduced in a certain release?

A trace would be helpful.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:32 pm 
Experienced

I think the ECU actually does stay awake for a brief moment after you turn the key off. Im not sure if there is an SSM parameter that references the key being on or off or ecu status.

Ive had the issue even on old versions of romraider, it just never bothered me because I turn off the "log on defrost" function.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:35 pm 
RomRaider Developer

That's certainly different from my experience. Here's a log of the ignition being shut off on my car with the defrost setting active in RR.
Attachment:
romraiderlog_20111031_184056.csv

You can see the RPM drops as the engine shuts down, data is still retrieved until the ECU goes to sleep and then the log ends. On RR it switches to "trying to connect" mode but no further files are created while trying.
I'd like to see a RR trace of this fault. Something in the data coming from the ECU is mimicking the defrost button being pressed on/off for the Logger to create new files.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:22 am 
Experienced

Ill see if I can get a trace log for you :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:43 am 

You may test IgnitionSwitch corresponding bit and prohibit to save data logged\close log file if there is 0 value.