RomRaider

Documentation

Community

Developers

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Request: 2007 Legacy GT 5MT A2UI001N
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:59 am 

2007 Legacy GT 5MT Latest Flash from Subaru to try to fix hesitation. Untouched.

I'm assuming we can use the defs that were created for the A2UI001L file to map out this one Correct? Unfortunately at this time though, that file is really incomplete... at least in ECUFlash it shows up incomplete compared to RomRaider.

And yeah I know this request is far fetched since merchgod is pretty much gone.

Attachments:
2007 Legacy GT 5MT A2UI001N.hex [1 MiB]
Downloaded 117 times

Post subject: Re: Request: 2007 Legacy GT 5MT A2UI001N
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:15 pm 
RomRaider Developer

Ticket opened: http://trac2.assembla.com/romraider/ticket/30

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:20 pm 

I'm not sure if this helps or not, but I just saw the thread about others possibly lending a hand to lessen the amount of new def requests.

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how these defs were setup and what was used to define them since there was a 2007 Legacy file that existed out there but did not match the one that I got programmed by Subaru as the most recent file.

I found that the 07 file I had downloaded was A2UG000N when looking at that file I found that it was using the map created for an 07 Spec B Legacy, A2UG000L.

I then found out that the "newest" file from Subaru for a Spec B was A2UI001L, and that mapping existed in rom raiders latest defs and ECU Flashe's defs... So since it appeared to share the same number scheme change from GT to Spec B as the A2UG000L file did assumed A2UI001L would also suffice as a definition for my A2UI001N file.

So I added in my file into Rom Raider using the A2UI001L as the Rom Base. I created a completely new file for ECU Flash copying the map contents of the A2UI001L info from ECU Flash I corrected the header to match the Info I obtained from doing a test read on my ECU with ECU Flash such as the ECU ID and it opened the file up just fine.

I've done multiple changes to the car since then and they have all responded as one would expect so I guess its safe to say that the mapping is correct. I'm currently running a Stage 1 tune and planning on going to Stage 2 when I have my down pipe complete and my headers in.

Would it help if I posted up the files I made? or does the info contained in this message allow you to make the correct changes to map this file?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:58 pm 
RomRaider Developer

If the update was only to some tables to correct an issue then most likely you're okay. BUT, it should still be confirmed. Also, if there's a change to the ECU ID then no extended parameters will be available to assist with advanced tuning. So I'll leave the request in to look things over.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:31 pm 

Well as I noted I'm not using the same map as my old file that used to be on the ECM. I'm using the map from the 07 Spec B file that is named in a similar way as mine which was also labeled on here as the "newest" 07 Spec B file from Subaru.

Not to get confused with I determined that would be acceptable because the current map that existed for the 07 Legacy GT was already using definitions from another 07 Spec B, I'm assuming the same revision prior to the one that exists now.

Link that existed

07 Spec B
A2UG000L
to
07 Legacy GT
A2UG000N

Link I created

07 Spec B
A2UI001L
to
07 Legacy GT
A2UI001N