RomRaider Logo

RomRaider

Open Source ECU Tools
 FAQ •  Register •  Login 

RomRaider

Documentation

Community

Developers

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: UTILITY: Timing Editor (v12, 2009/12/29)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:12 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:20 pm
Posts: 41
So I de-compiled the timing tool and added an option to overlay a log file. Right now is very dirty but it works.


Attachments:
2013-08-03 16_07_09-Timing Editor v12_ Modified total timing.jpg
2013-08-03 16_07_09-Timing Editor v12_ Modified total timing.jpg [ 223.04 KiB | Viewed 2037 times ]

_________________
RomRaider IRC Chat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=romraider
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UTILITY: Timing Editor (v12, 2009/12/29)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:47 am 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:23 pm
Posts: 2428
That's cool! Instead of decompiling, try the attached zip.

There is much ugliness in this code, but it could be a very long time before I get around to cleaning it up. :)


Attachments:
TimingEditor.zip [119.23 KiB]
Downloaded 235 times

_________________
2005 Legacy GT w/ ATP 3076, IWG, MBC, BCS, BC 272, LC, FFS, OMG
Please don't send me tuning questions via PM - use the forums instead. Thanks!
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UTILITY: Timing Editor (v12, 2009/12/29)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:52 am 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:13 am
Posts: 87
Location: Adelaide, AU
Thanks for this little program NSFW its works great!

Do you think nitros little addition of overlaying a log file over the map will ever be included? That would be most useful. I've tried that Acidtune utility but i can't get it to work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UTILITY: Timing Editor (v12, 2009/12/29)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:08 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:33 pm
Posts: 25
nitros wrote:
So I de-compiled the timing tool and added an option to overlay a log file. Right now is very dirty but it works.


I haven't tried out this yet but I plan on it. Another item that may be useful is on the overlay log file, bold the value if knock is present so you can adjust that timing value. I have accomplished something similar in excel and might come in handy for other people.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UTILITY: Timing Editor (v12, 2009/12/29)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:48 am 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:12 pm
Posts: 80
I have a quick question, how does the graphical display and smoothing work across axis that have varying scales? On my 86 I have parts of the RPM scale that move in 400rpm, others in 200. Same with load, early on it's 0.1 but above 1 it's 0.2. I've used the tool and it really helps, but it occurred to me that smoothing over a region of change means that I may not be smoothing the table at all.

If it doesn't do that, is there any chance to get it to?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UTILITY: Timing Editor (v12, 2009/12/29)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:43 pm 
Offline
Experienced

Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:28 pm
Posts: 106
Kodename47 wrote:
I have a quick question, how does the graphical display and smoothing work across axis that have varying scales? On my 86 I have parts of the RPM scale that move in 400rpm, others in 200. Same with load, early on it's 0.1 but above 1 it's 0.2. I've used the tool and it really helps, but it occurred to me that smoothing over a region of change means that I may not be smoothing the table at all.

If it doesn't do that, is there any chance to get it to?


i just checked the code, it's not linear interpolation, it's rather even difference distribution where Y doesn't depend on X:
Yi = min(Y1, Yn) + ((Yn - Y1) / (n - 1)) * i
so table as:
0.15 0.20 0.30
800 26.60 26.60 19.92

after smoothing will be:
0.15 0.20 0.30
800 26.60 23.26 19.92

whereas interpolated should be:
0.15 0.20 0.30
800 26.60 24.37 19.92


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UTILITY: Timing Editor (v12, 2009/12/29)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:27 pm 
Offline
Experienced

Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:28 pm
Posts: 106
I have changed smoothing to linear interpolation and ability to smooth table, vertical, or horizontal.

Also, I couldn't find nitros' code for log overlay, so I added this functionality to the source code posted by NSFW. Let me know if it can be done better.

attached is the source code and inside the folder there is a bin file.

let me know if you find bugs or have suggestions.

PS log file must start with column headers line

PPS updated files on 09/22/14 17:06


Attachments:
TimingEditor.zip [198.88 KiB]
Downloaded 572 times
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UTILITY: Timing Editor (v12, 2009/12/29)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:24 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:20 pm
Posts: 41
Wow, sorry i complete forgot i didn't post the code for the log overlay. I'm glad you added it. do you have a git repo?

vgi wrote:
I have changed smoothing to linear interpolation and ability to smooth table, vertical, or horizontal.

Also, I couldn't find nitros' code for log overlay, so I added this functionality to the source code posted by NSFW. Let me know if it can be done better.

attached is the source code and inside the folder there is a bin file.

let me know if you find bugs or have suggestions.

PS log file must start with column headers line

PPS updated files on 09/22/14 17:06

_________________
RomRaider IRC Chat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=romraider


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UTILITY: Timing Editor (v12, 2009/12/29)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:41 pm 
Offline
Experienced

Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:28 pm
Posts: 106
nitros wrote:
Wow, sorry i complete forgot i didn't post the code for the log overlay. I'm glad you added it. do you have a git repo?

vgi wrote:
I have changed smoothing to linear interpolation and ability to smooth table, vertical, or horizontal.

Also, I couldn't find nitros' code for log overlay, so I added this functionality to the source code posted by NSFW. Let me know if it can be done better.

attached is the source code and inside the folder there is a bin file.

let me know if you find bugs or have suggestions.

PS log file must start with column headers line

PPS updated files on 09/22/14 17:06


nope, it's not my project so I don't feel like I have a right to create a wide open github repo. I didn't quite feel right even bumping the version (as it's really a fork) but had to differentiate somehow visually. So I went NSFW' route - all the source code in that zip file for anyone to grab and make any other contributions on top of it. It would be nice if he had created a github repo though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UTILITY: Timing Editor (v12, 2009/12/29)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:07 pm 
Offline
Experienced

Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:17 pm
Posts: 392
vgi wrote:
nitros wrote:
Wow, sorry i complete forgot i didn't post the code for the log overlay. I'm glad you added it. do you have a git repo?

vgi wrote:
I have changed smoothing to linear interpolation and ability to smooth table, vertical, or horizontal.

Also, I couldn't find nitros' code for log overlay, so I added this functionality to the source code posted by NSFW. Let me know if it can be done better.

attached is the source code and inside the folder there is a bin file.

let me know if you find bugs or have suggestions.

PS log file must start with column headers line

PPS updated files on 09/22/14 17:06


nope, it's not my project so I don't feel like I have a right to create a wide open github repo. I didn't quite feel right even bumping the version (as it's really a fork) but had to differentiate somehow visually. So I went NSFW' route - all the source code in that zip file for anyone to grab and make any other contributions on top of it. It would be nice if he had created a github repo though.


You could always ask him to post it or allow you to. He's been around lately.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UTILITY: Timing Editor (v12, 2009/12/29)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:03 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:20 pm
Posts: 41
I'll add it to my github repo. NSFW added the code base here to allow us to support and expand upon it.

_________________
RomRaider IRC Chat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=romraider


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UTILITY: Timing Editor (v12, 2009/12/29)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:35 pm 
Offline
Experienced

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:15 pm
Posts: 101
Location: Albuquerque New Mexico
Anyone have a link to Nitros's github? Or is the last zip that VGI posted still the most current?

_________________
2001 RS 2.5 w/ 2002 harness and dash swap 2001 jdm ej205 w/avcs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UTILITY: Timing Editor (v12, 2009/12/29)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:23 pm 
Offline
Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:00 am
Posts: 8
Location: Italy
hello to all friends;i'm trying timing editor rev.15 on win 10,copy/paste my tables but it show not correct value...any help from anyone?tnx


Attachments:
Immagine.jpg
Immagine.jpg [ 413.62 KiB | Viewed 1045 times ]

_________________
05 (edm)WRX 5MT
full engine rebuilt,vf34/CAI intake/STI IC/STI Suspension/2.5 decat exhaust/3 port grimmspeed solenoid/100oct fuel(european standard)ecuflash tuned
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UTILITY: Timing Editor (v12, 2009/12/29)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:17 am 
Offline
Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:00 am
Posts: 8
Location: Italy
no any help guys?

_________________
05 (edm)WRX 5MT
full engine rebuilt,vf34/CAI intake/STI IC/STI Suspension/2.5 decat exhaust/3 port grimmspeed solenoid/100oct fuel(european standard)ecuflash tuned


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UTILITY: Timing Editor (v12, 2009/12/29)
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 1:41 am 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:23 pm
Posts: 2428
Those of you who have made changes to the code, could you send me a pull request?

https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/TimingEditor

_________________
2005 Legacy GT w/ ATP 3076, IWG, MBC, BCS, BC 272, LC, FFS, OMG
Please don't send me tuning questions via PM - use the forums instead. Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Style based on FI Subsilver by phpBBservice.nl