Documentation

Community

Developers

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: MAF Shaping and Scaling Spreadsheet
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:49 pm 

Perscitus wrote:
hey 86inches, I took another stab at the smoothing and purposefully leaned out the top of the curve a bit more.

Let me know what you think and if I'm getting the idea of how to use the tool.

I've added a few additional tabs that make it easier for me to zoom in on particular voltage ranges (very low, idle, mid, high etc.)
Would actually be great if I could make CAL adjustments on those tabs to see how the plot changes but flipping back and forth between tabs isn't bad either.

I really like the additional sheets youve added.

It looks like you are manipulating the ouput correctly, adjusting higher voltage cells by altering the cal line in lower voltage cells. Have you observed more accurate fueling from this revision?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:25 am 

86inches wrote:
I really like the additional sheets you've added.
It looks like you are manipulating the output correctly, adjusting higher voltage cells by
altering the cal line in lower voltage cells. Have you observed more accurate fueling from this revision?

Good to hear! Yes, even with the first smoothed MAF curve, fueling and low-end driveability improved significantly.
I think a lot of it has to do with what you said in your first post and what I think we've all seen (at some point)
where the ECU 'likes' a smooth MAF curve. Must have something to do with the interpolation it itself does between the points
and how the ECU logic goes iterates through the MAF curve data points as you trace up and down the curve while driving.

I've noticed smoother, improved low speed acceleration and deceleration (seem the TCU indirectly also likes a smoother
MAF curve which must translate to better Load transitions, Requested Torque, etc.), tighter CL fuel trims
and a lower OL AF Error%.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:14 pm 

Hi all , I have corrected maf using vgi tool and also rescaled as the BRZ maf useable V is only around 4.1-4.2 in NA form

I have smoothed using the maf shaping utility , just wondering if someone could look over it and see if I have don't it right

thanx heaps for help

Attachments:
dirkltestmaffffffinalf.xlsx [55.83 KiB]
Downloaded 31 times

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:19 pm 

diggs30 wrote:
Hi all , I have corrected maf using vgi tool and also rescaled as the BRZ maf useable V is only around 4.1-4.2 in NA form

I have smoothed using the maf shaping utility , just wondering if someone could look over it and see if I have don't it right

thanx heaps for help

It Looks like youve got the right idea, the caclulated curve looks to fit the scaled MAF well. Ultimately it all comes down to performance. Is your fueling more accurate after smoothing?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:35 am 

6/25 added another version with a sheet that can be set up to show AFR delivered by an incorrect scale.