RomRaider

Documentation

Community

Developers

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 02 ADM wrx big 16g
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:01 am 

hi guys this is my tune its probs the best one i got but i know it can be improved can someone help me for abit more power? i think its a bit sloppy

im using a mbc but this map should work with stock ebcs at 20 psi

im running 22 psi with mbc

2002 ADM wrx sea level
98 octane
TTS td05 big 16g
avo turbo inlet
walbro 255 fuel pump
stock injectors decaped
STI TOP MOUNT INTERCOOLER off an 2007 adm sti W/spray
oil catch can
aps cai 65mm
decatted uppipe
3"TBE with catless dp
turbo smart mbc set @ 22psi
gfb 50/50 bov

maf is rescaled aswell just down low using maf scailing tool i see no knock at all with learning view so i think im on the right track my afrs are still abit rich maybe in the 10.5 - 10.8 im waiting for a 3 port ebcs and then im going to run hybrid boost and re tune also might get a fmic later on :P but for now how can i make more power out of this map?

i think that it can be improved on timing and afrs but help us out? if you want more info or more pics or logs i can get them for use

Attachments:
maf scaled 800cc.hex [160 KiB]
Downloaded 203 times

Post subject: Re: 02 ADM wrx big 16g
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:21 am 
Experienced

I cant really comment as Im still learning also but it would help if you could add some logs.

IHI VF24
550cc Pinks
3" Cobra Sports Turbo back system
Dynapex uprated fuel pump
Green Panel filter
Decat uppipe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:42 pm 

I have an ADM 02 WRX as well and wouldn't dare run 22psi on the stock EJ205. I run 18psi through mine on a VF30. Logs would be good so we can see how your tune performs.

2002 ADM WRX with stock EJ205
Ported & polished VF30
STi 565cc "pinks"
STi coil packs
STi top mount
STi uppipe
AVO silicone intake
Grimmspeed solenoid
Walbro pump
TurboXS / Hitech hybrid TBE
02 STi 6MT / R180 / Brembos

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:44 am 

Subey wrote:
I have an ADM 02 WRX as well and wouldn't dare run 22psi on the stock EJ205. I run 18psi through mine on a VF30. Logs would be good so we can see how your tune performs.

2002 ADM WRX with stock EJ205
Ported & polished VF30
STi 565cc "pinks"
STi coil packs
STi top mount
STi uppipe
AVO silicone intake
Grimmspeed solenoid
Walbro pump
TurboXS / Hitech hybrid TBE
02 STi 6MT / R180 / Brembos

your rexy set up is nice man :) but why wouldnt you dare to run 22psi? i love the power ive heard of people that run 27 psi on stock internals obviously didnt last long though, my set up alot of people run 22 psi on stock blocks with turbos that a even bigger than mine with no worries btw my boost is max 22 psi average 19 psi it hits 22 psi on a uphill were theres more load or in a higher gear than 3rd, cool thing is with a IWG my boost doesnt taper it sits at 22 one it hits it all the way through :P ill do some logs tonight and post it hopefully :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:03 am 

a log my boost curveis weird i think i need to turn my mbc up cause its only around 17 -18 then creeps to 20 if i turn it up so it hits 20 straight away will it still creep? and yea

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:04 am 

log

Attachments:
romraiderlog_abe3_20120927_193435.csv [17.74 KiB]
Downloaded 126 times

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:16 pm 
Experienced

knock :shock: iam drops to 8...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:00 pm 
RomRaider Donator

Alexmartynyuk wrote:
knock :shock: iam drops to 8...

^ That. You're obviously getting some serious knock to be cutting your IAM by half, at basically peak loads. No buéno. I would say too much boost, turning the turbo into a giant hairdryer, but at 16.8 psi relative, probably not. You need to be logging FBKC to see exactly at which load vs rpm cells you're knocking.

Some other observations, you're running pretty rich up top.

Please do not PM me - use the email option.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:55 pm 
RomRaider Donator

Maf scaling looks to be quite off. Asking for mid-low 11s and getting mid low 10s AFR.

Your load scales should be looked at, for both ignition and fueling, as they are not covering the higher loads you are seeing.

Your total timing is very bumpy. Perhaps one way to solve that would be to add the knock advance table and base timing table in excel and then try to visualize it - EcuFlash works for that although the graphics are not great. ;)

My idea of easiest solution would be to go back to stock airbox, tune fueling and ignition and boost and then reinstall the cai and tune that.

In the mean time, don't do any more wots. ;)

:)
Patrick

Please include reply address when writing emails!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:03 pm 

sxcrxy wrote:
your rexy set up is nice man :) but why wouldnt you dare to run 22psi? i love the power ive heard of people that run 27 psi on stock internals obviously didnt last long though, my set up alot of people run 22 psi on stock blocks with turbos that a even bigger than mine with no worries btw my boost is max 22 psi average 19 psi it hits 22 psi on a uphill were theres more load or in a higher gear than 3rd, cool thing is with a IWG my boost doesnt taper it sits at 22 one it hits it all the way through :P ill do some logs tonight and post it hopefully :)

Thanks mate. In my opinion, an EJ205 is only "safe" to about 18-19psi, depending on fueling. The cylinder pressures above that level are too high for an open decked block. Perhaps I'm being too nice to my motor, but I'd rather have a reliable 190kw than a potential grenade with 220kw.

Others have mentioned it already but you need to fix these to have a safe tune:
- IAM dropping due to knock at peak torque
- boost creep
- MAF scaling
- bumpy total timing

Other than that you seem to have a healthy motor as 2.8g/s load is good for a 2L. I compared your requested fueling to mine and it is similar, I don't think you need to muck with that much.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:41 pm 

Subey wrote:
sxcrxy wrote:

Thanks mate. In my opinion, an EJ205 is only "safe" to about 18-19psi, depending on fueling. The cylinder pressures above that level are too high for an open decked block. Perhaps I'm being too nice to my motor, but I'd rather have a reliable 190kw than a potential grenade with 220kw.

Others have mentioned it already but you need to fix these to have a safe tune:
- IAM dropping due to knock at peak torque
- boost creep
- MAF scaling
- bumpy total timing

Other than that you seem to have a healthy motor as 2.8g/s load is good for a 2L. I compared your requested fueling to mine and it is similar, I don't think you need to muck with that much.

hmmm boost creep i cant do much about cause i wont be taking out the turbo my self again unless im changing it lol but the iam droping im disappointed, at first i had my car tuned by infamous tuning but then i modified to new parts, inc injectors and intake but i havnt touched the timing that is bad im not seeing any knock on learning veiw the one i have attacthed is a learning veiw after that pull maf scailing can be dont is there anyone that can fix my timing i am reaally scared to muck around with timing cause im not to good with it and scared im gonna damage my engine

Attachments:
LearningView_SS_27-09-2012 7 44 29 PM.jpg
LearningView_SS_27-09-2012 7 44 29 PM.jpg [ 84.61 KiB | Viewed 2280 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:48 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=5321

if i followw this will this wright up help me scailing ol maf ??

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:59 pm 

Yes, but you also need to rescale the CL part.

I use Bad Noodles OL maf scaling tool v2.2 and Airboys spreadsheet for the OL and Romraider maf tool for CL.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:05 am 

Use this rom as a reference. I had really good luck with it. This is the tune from a car that now has my old 16g, and I have modified the load values from "subisam's 16g with LC" that I have posted in here. If you want to copy and paste these tables, pull 2 degrees of timing to start out with and slowly add it back in and dont forget to paste the knock correction advance max table.

Stock airbox
dw 650s
Prodrive BCS

Btw, I abused the crap out of my stock ej20 running 23 psi with this turbo. It was really happy for a long time. Rod knock started at 185k. Just be aware of any knock. That is what is going to kill your motor.

Attachments:
Brandon 5.hex [160 KiB]
Downloaded 116 times

decapped stock injectors

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:00 pm 

SubiSam wrote:
Use this rom as a reference. I had really good luck with it. This is the tune from a car that now has my old 16g, and I have modified the load values from "subisam's 16g with LC" that I have posted in here. If you want to copy and paste these tables, pull 2 degrees of timing to start out with and slowly add it back in and dont forget to paste the knock correction advance max table.

Stock airbox
dw 650s
Prodrive BCS

Btw, I abused the crap out of my stock ej20 running 23 psi with this turbo. It was really happy for a long time. Rod knock started at 185k. Just be aware of any knock. That is what is going to kill your motor.

I was looking for a decent timing map for a 16g. I've got a JDM small 16G off a V2 STi. Is that what you had? Or did you have the Big 16g that the OP has?