Open Source ECU Tools
 FAQ •  Register •  Login 

RomRaider

Documentation

Community

Developers

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 16bit Speed Density Project (groupn based)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:47 pm 
Experienced

Hello everybody. I'm going to start a project with the group-n rom, something similar to TephraMod(for EVOs) or Turbonator(Turbo Mopar). Ive developed an assortment of ROM modifications for my own Subaru and I figured this would be a good way to share them with the community. Thus far I have succeeded in disabling the Check engine light that has annoyed people for a while now. And I inserted code to flash the CEL in the event of knock. I have also made changes so that anti-lag is controlled by the defrost button(I can use other sources as well), and I am in the middle of full map switching capability and rotational idle(for those fully utilizing the anti-lag system). Modifications I will be making next are: spark cut launch control, independent launch control fuel and timing control, No lift to shift (NLTS - will require small wiring modification), possibly valet mode if there is interest. As this rom is group-n rom based, it will only work on 02-03 WRXs(or cars running an 02-03 WRX ecu).

A complete list:

-Knock CEL
-Anti-lag switch
-Map Switching
-Rotational Idle
-Spark cut Launch Control
-Spark cut Anti-lag
-Launch control fuel/timing control
-No Lift to Shift (small wiring modification required)
-Valet mode?

-TGV operation for those without TGV deletes
-Fuel pump duty control
-Functional IAM
-Full size "knock correction advance max" table

I figured I would post this up and see if there is any interest. I will probably be code-naming this project "CarBerry". Also, please make any suggestions for other hacks that interest you.

Thanks,

Jason

Last edited by Carbibbles on Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: 16bit Speed Density Project (groupn based)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:06 am 

This is awesome. I've long wished there was someone like Tephra doing stuff with Subaru ROMs. Of course, I was wishing for 32-bit hacks, so *I* could use them, but oh well. It's still a great start. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:33 am 
RomRaider Donator

^ wow, that's impressive... I can echo NSFW- anybody working on 32bit hacks? To have this functionality on open source would awesome, especially SD.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:13 am 
Experienced

Good stuff indeed, got a whole bunch of JDMs here in case u need any testing. Many thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:34 am 
Experienced

NSFW wrote:
This is awesome. I've long wished there was someone like Tephra doing stuff with Subaru ROMs. Of course, I was wishing for 32-bit hacks, so *I* could use them, but oh well. It's still a great start. :)

Once I have this project stable I would like to start learning the 32bit opcodes and structures. Maybe at that time we could team up on a 32bit version, you seem to be pretty knowledgeable with the 32bit ECUs :)

ckibue wrote:
Good stuff indeed, got a whole bunch of JDMs here in case u need any testing. Many thanks.

which rom version do you run on the JDM ecus? I think the other rom (2006 rom?) is mostly the same so everything should transfer over, Ill look into that.

fastblueufo brought to attention some other good modifications via PM. Ill add those to the list. I'm going to get a handful of these coded in and then ill make the first release, after that ill just add the rest one at a time with new versions :)

Any other ideas that you guys would like to see implemented?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:03 am 
Experienced

Carbibbles wrote:
ckibue wrote:

which rom version do you run on the JDM ecus? I think the other rom (2006 rom?) is mostly the same so everything should transfer over, Ill look into that.
Any other ideas that you guys would like to see implemented?

2002 through to the 2004 JDM STis work with the 04 rom whereas 2005 and 2006 JDM STis only work with the 2006 rom.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:08 am 
Experienced

May god be with you :D

Got JDM 2003 ECU,will this be applied to me????-its rom's size 160kb-

wish u all the good luck

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:28 am 
Experienced

Ok, id like some feedback on your guys preferences

Inputs are limited so im trying to go through and figure out what inputs I should use for each function.

So far im thinking this:
Anti-lag - Rear window defrost button
No Lift to Shift - Flash block(this works perfectly because its right by the clutch switch and the clutch switch closes the connection when the pedal is up. So when flashing you would just have to make sure you are not pressing the clutch pedal in)
Map switching - Intercooler sprayer(this would require running a wire from the ecu)

Do you guys care that the anti-lag is enabled with the defrost button? It never really bothered me but I thought I would get other opinions.

Also, by wiring up NLTS you would be disabling the clutch-in-to-start feature, really this is supposed to be better for your thrust bearing but there is the chance that you could start it in gear accidentally.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:04 pm 
Experienced

td-d wrote:
^ wow, that's impressive... I can echo NSFW- anybody working on 32bit hacks? To have this functionality on open source would awesome, especially SD.

I just got my subaru back together.. planning on finishing up the work on SD for my a8dh201x rom, maybe others.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:17 pm 
Experienced

Carbibbles wrote:
Ok, id like some feedback on your guys preferences

Inputs are limited so im trying to go through and figure out what inputs I should use for each function.

So far im thinking this:
Anti-lag - Rear window defrost button
No Lift to Shift - Flash block(this works perfectly because its right by the clutch switch and the clutch switch closes the connection when the pedal is up. So when flashing you would just have to make sure you are not pressing the clutch pedal in)
Map switching - Intercooler sprayer(this would require running a wire from the ecu)

Do you guys care that the anti-lag is enabled with the defrost button? It never really bothered me but I thought I would get other opinions.

Also, by wiring up NLTS you would be disabling the clutch-in-to-start feature, really this is supposed to be better for your thrust bearing but there is the chance that you could start it in gear accidentally.

I wish u change the Intercooler Sprayer button,cause some people dont have like me..i know many people also do :)
Can u please answer post no.7 question ?:lol:

Regards.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:25 pm 
Experienced

Mohamamdov wrote:
I wish u change the Intercooler Sprayer button,cause some people dont have like me..i know many people also do :)

Regards.

You wont need to have the intercooler spray button, you just have to run a wire to the pin on the ecu that corresponds with it and put your own switch in. I will do a write up on the wiring modification required to do this.

To answer your question, yes this rom will work for your 03 JDM ecu :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:12 pm 
Experienced

Since you have to prop the throttle blade open more to get true antilag function would it be possible to get the cruise control to do this?
Also, would it be possible to incorporate a fuel injector scaler offset that worked off of a 0-5 volt input through a TGV sensor wire, so that the zeitronix ethanol content gauge could be incorporated for E-85 use?
Thanks for helping out!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:17 pm 
Experienced

Carbibbles wrote:
Mohamamdov wrote:

Regards.

You wont need to have the intercooler spray button, you just have to run a wire to the pin on the ecu that corresponds with it and put your own switch in. I will do a write up on the wiring modification required to do this.

To answer your question, yes this rom will work for your 03 JDM ecu :)

Amazing man..amaazing..cant wait

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:24 pm 
Experienced

02rexwi wrote:
Since you have to prop the throttle blade open more to get true antilag function would it be possible to get the cruise control to do this?
Also, would it be possible to incorporate a fuel injector scaler offset that worked off of a 0-5 volt input through a TGV sensor wire, so that the zeitronix ethanol content gauge could be incorporated for E-85 use?
Thanks for helping out!

Unfortunately the cruise control has a separate module on 16bit cars and is not ECU controlled :(

Using the TGV sensor inputs for other use is definitely possible and I had thought of implementing that as a way to be able to log external sensors(fuel press, oil press, egt) through the ecu. If you want to be a tester for use with an ethanol sensor I can probably set something up :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:50 pm 
Experienced

BTW Carbibbles,

How does the Map switching gonna work?any kind of loading a map then make a pointer to it?or shall the ecu green wires be connected and wait to be flashed when button is pressed?