Tuning Boost (Subaru Specific)
- Basic Overview of the Factory Boost Control System (Target Boost, Max WGDC, Turbo Dynamics)
- Pros/Cons of Using Aftermarket Boost Control (MBC, EBC)
- Explain How Percieved Problem with Tune or Factory BCS May be a Mechanical Problem (Wastegate arm too loose, External WG needed)
- Ways to Make Factory Boost Control More Effective / Fix a Mechanical Problem
- Boost Control on the TD04
- Improving Response and Holding Boost Better (Wastegate Arm Adjustment - Did Wonders for me!)
- Boost Control on Other Turbos
- Drilling Restrictor Pill
- Upgrading Solenoid to GM or Prodrive 3-Port
Tuning Boost in RomRaider
- Log Boost
- Reaching Target Boost?
- No? Increase Max Wastegate Duty Cycle & Log Again (Over 90% not safe for prolonged periods)
- If WGDC is above 90% & still not reaching target, May Need pill or prodrive/GM solenoid
- Yes? Boost is Tuned, maybe focus on improving spoolup early on
- High WGDC Early in RPM range to keep WG closed and improve spoolup
- Tuning Turbo Dynamics?
Join our forums, the best place to find help and answers!
RomRaider is developed and supported by volunteers working on their own time. To support their efforts please consider making a donation.