Warning: RomRaider is intended for use only by experienced tuners who understand the consequences. As with any tuning solution, the potential for engine damage is very high when altering your ECUs hard coded values. The use of appropriate equipment (ie, knock sensor, wideband oxygen sensor) is extremely important. By downloading RomRaider, you agree to assume all risks and accept its license. Use at your own risk.
|Download RomRaider 0.5.9 Release Candidate 2 (2015–04–29)
The latest release of RomRaider is available here for Windows and here for Other Platforms. Both variants are installers (ZIP archives also available - see below) and require the latest 32bit (x86) version of Java SE JRE to already be installed.
Windows ZIP | Linux ZIP
This version of RomRaider does NOT ship with ECU, Logger or Cars definitions. You are required to download and install these definitions in order for RomRaider to be completely functional. You can find the latest ECU definitions HERE, the latest Logger definitions HERE and the Cars definition for the Dyno tab HERE.
Archived versions can be found HERE
0.5.9 Release Candidate 2 Notes (04/29/2015)
This is the latest version of RomRaider from the GitHub repo (Please read the change list carefully!).
0.5.9 Release Candidate 2 Known Issues
- Gauge min/max/step limits incomplete in logger.xml
- ECU connections under Linux are flaky (start the logger after you’ve started the engine)
- Update latency via injector tab broken for some models (eg. 2007 2.5i)
- Switching between SSM, OBD and DS2 protocol mode may not update the parameter list completely. A Logger restart will update the list correctly
Git bug list
0.5.9 Release Candidate 2 Build#738 (04/29/2015)
- Changed the way the Logger definition update or protocol change is handled
0.5.9 Release Candidate 1 Build#736 (04/21/2015)
 The settings XML file can be stored in the RomRaider directory as an alternate
location. This allows multiple customized installations (using the ZIP version) to exist each with their own unique settings.
- Implement a global endian attribute in ECU definitions <memmodel endian=xxx> overriding table specific endian settings
- Rename SSM menu item as the Test App is no longer SSM specific
- Allow user to specific read block size in Editor Test App
- Fix for RomTree expand/collapse issue
- Fix for reversed min/max table colours
- Fix for table 3D view min/max ranges
- Changed Settings file search order for better portability, starting directory is searched before user’s home
- Added a missing ECU definition file Dialog to warn user to correct
- Added a catch-all exception notification branch
- Fix for category node open issue, Double click on node causes the node to open and then close
- Changed code to use true Linear Interpolation rather than even cell distance distribution
- Added warning log when a static table contains a storageType != 0.
- Added ability to parse and save the static table data if the storageType != 0.
- Requires Logger definition version 305 or higher be set before upgrading
- Add -logger.touch to make the Logger UI more ‘touch’ friendly
- BMW DS2 protocol implementation for MS41, MS42 and MS43 DME (requires Logger definition version 305 or higher)
- Implement DS2 Learning (Adaptation) Table Values read functionality
- Added DS2 adaptation reset tool
- Group individual DS2 ECU queries into a single memory read start address and length query
- Add APSX D1|D2 Wideband O2 Externals Plugin
- Added support for the ECOTRONS ALM wideband O2 controller
- Allow setting event mode or polled mode in the lm2_mts.plugin Properties file
- Implement endian processing in the data converter defined in logger definition
- Update Logger definition DTD for new elements of DS2 protocol
- Added new protocol selection menu populated with all the protocols defined in the Logger definition file
- Add protocol to query status message display
- Add support to use Linux Openport 2.0 library if available
- Add serial databit and parity configuration setting items
- Added a new BitWise Logger converter to process bits in query results, see Java source file for usage details com/romraider/util/BitWise.java
- Since RomRaider relies on various externally provided classes and vendor libraries, the 64bit Java VM is not supported. The RomRaider installer and Editor will issue warnings if a 64bit Java VM is detected and advise the user to uninstall it and install the 32bit Java VM. It is unlikely that 64bit Java VM will even be supported as all external classes and vendor libraries must be compiled for native 64bit operation.
- To log External sensors only, un-select both the ECU and TCU checkbox on the Logger control bar. Then switch to the Externals tab and check the items to be logged. The log Externals only setting is not retained between logging sessions.
- The use of ISO15765 requires a J2534 compliant cable. Since the J2534 specification only defines Windows 32bit systems as a valid platform, Linux systems are not officially supported. An alpha J2534 Openport 2.0 driver is available here.
|Download RomRaider ECU and Logger Definitions
The latest RomRaider ECU and logger definitions, which may be updated independently of the software, can be found here:
ECU definitions and Logger definitions and Cars definition for the Dyno tab.
Definition updates can include additional table, parameter and ROM support as well as important bug fixes and other improvements.